[License-discuss] FAQ entry (and potential website page?) on "why standard licenses"?

Philip Odence podence at blackducksoftware.com
Mon Apr 28 21:47:45 UTC 2014

In case it helps, Black Duck publishes a top licenses list based on the
number of projects in our KnowledgeBase (out of a current total of about a
million) that utilize each respective license.
http://www.blackducksoftware.com/resources/data/top-20-open-source-licenses

The webpage only shows the top 20, but if OSI thought that 30, say, was a
good number, we could provide those.

By the way, we are working on improving the presentation of the list, but
I didn¹t want to wait for that before throwing the thought into the mix.