[License-discuss] A simple, no-requirements license.

Buck Golemon buck.2019 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 15:59:29 UTC 2014

MIT requires preservation of copyright and license, which falls directly
into the scenario outlined on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/License_compatibility

Suppose a software package has a license that says, "*modified versions
> must *[preserve license and copyright notice]" and another package's
> license says "modified versions cannot contain additional attribution
> requirements." Without direct permission from the copyright holder(s) for at
> least one of the two packages, it would be impossible to legally
> distribute a combination of the two because these specific license
> requirements cannot be simultaneously fulfilled. Thus, these two packages
> would be license-incompatible.

I suppose the goal could be restated as: a license similar in spirit to
MIT, but without the copyright and license requirements.