[License-discuss] [Osi] [General enquiries] Dual License for CC0

Romain Berrendonner berrendo at adacore.com
Thu Apr 3 08:12:56 UTC 2014

Le 1 avr. 2014 à 22:44, Wilson, Andrew <andrew.wilson at intel.com> a écrit :
> […] at least in a legal system like the US where PD is recognized. […]
>
> In a legal system where PD is not recognized, e.g. Europe, then the effective portion of CC0 is presumably not the PD declaration but the permissive license.

Hi Andy,

Public domain *does* exist in Europe - it contains all material that cannot be protected or which legal protection lapsed. The issue is whether it is legally possible for a copyright holder to dedicate voluntarily protected material to the public domain, where scholars diverge.

My apologies if this pushes an open door :)

Kind regards,

--
Romain Berrendonner              AdaCore SAS
berrendo at adacore.com      46 rue d'Amsterdam