[License-discuss] [Osi] [General enquiries] Dual License for CC0

Ben Tilly btilly at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 21:45:23 UTC 2014

My non-lawyer mind understands it as follows.

If the PD declaration holds, then you're right.  But there can be a
legal question as to whether the PD declaration has legal force.  But
if it does hold, THEN you can use MIT.  So you're covered either way.

This seems to me to be strictly better than a straight PD declaration
which might or might not have force depending on legal jurisdiction
and legal theories that I don't know the ins and outs of.