[License-discuss] we need a new license for earning money

Jonathon jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 18:40:52 UTC 2013

On 09/19/2013 05:17 PM, Pirmin Braun wrote:
> But we want to be able obtain license fees from bigger commercial users.

I assume you _know_ that you can sell your software even though you use
the GPL or other Open Source License.

> That's not possible with GPL or any other OSI approved license since it is a restriction to free use.

And that implies that you were not aware that neither the GPL nor any
other Open Source License does not prohibit selling the product.

> Usage of IntarS is free for private users, educational and non commercial organisations.

Define "non commercial organization".

> For commercial organisations usage

Define "commercial organization".

>is free for the first 5 concurrent named users.

I doubt I'm the only person to see how a firm with 500 employees, all of
which use the software, can be in full compliance with the license,
without paying the specified license fee.

Also wondering why you prohibit organizations that are neither
non-commercial ventures, nor commercial ventures from using your product.

jonathon
--
Email with a status of other than "junk", "bulk", or "list" is forwarded
to Dave Null, unread.