[License-discuss] Is Web application including GPL libraries covered under GPL?

MURAKAMI, Keiko a2z at jcom.home.ne.jp
Sun May 12 13:08:22 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

We've been developing an application on Eclipse Framework with libararies
covered under LGPL, GPL and Apache licenses.
These libraries are jxl.jar(LGPL), servlet-api.jar(GPL v2) and
stepcounter(Apache) and so on.
When we deliver our application just as Web application, by using but not
distributing the libraries, should we distribute it under GPL?
Should we be ready to show the complete source code to any user?
The application is not static linked.

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask, but I appreciate your
help.

Keiko
mailto:a2z at jcom.home.ne.jp