[License-discuss] proposal for revising code of conduct

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Thu Jan 3 23:06:25 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Robin Miller <robin at roblimo.com> wrote:

>>> For those who feel the need to "speak directly to the list moderators" it
>>> is perhaps useful to make that into a link which when followed informs them
>>> who the list moderators are and how to contact them.

Yes, point taken- will do.

> Yes. I've subscribed to this list since the week after the end of the Civil
> War (more or less)  and never knew who the moderators were until now.

Heh. :) I think moderation has always been almost entirely social or
behind the scenes, hence the invisibility. I also think that's the
correct approach; appeals to authority aren't nearly as effective as a
simple nudge (on- or off-list) from peers. But maybe I should
elaborate on that in the actual document as well- that section was
admittedly not the most thought-through part of the document.

Luis