[License-discuss] [Infrastructure] Machine readable source of OSI approved licenses?

Karl Fogel kfogel at red-bean.com
Sat Dec 28 23:19:03 UTC 2013

Luis Villa <luis at lu.is> writes:
>I'm actually somewhat skeptical that section numbering will survive
>Markdown, but we should at least give it a try. (And that's a
>non-trivial problem, since people refer to "Sec X(y)" fairly
>frequently in outside documents, so changing how those are
>rendered/presented is problematic; how those are handled also varies
>from Markdown implementation to Markdown implementation).

Oh, section numbers absolutely have to be correct, yeah.  But in the
worst case scenario, one can just hard-code the section numbers (I don't
know the exact Markdown escape syntax or whatever would be required; I
just mean we don't have to use Markdown's auto-numbering for lists and
sublists unless it actually does what we need).

-K