[License-discuss] Open Source Eventually License Development

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at ebb.org
Mon Aug 19 17:46:55 UTC 2013

John Cowan wrote at 13:27 (EDT) on Sunday:
> == licensing content ends here, the rest is about civil behavior ==

I've already written to Larry privately to this point, but given that
this subset of the conversation has raged on, I'd like to echo John's
point: I think many comments on this thread were inappropriate.
Artfully crafted insults wrapped in some sophistry of plausible
deniability are still insults.  Indeed, the meta-text here reminds me
for the first time in years of the 1996 French film, Ridicule.

Larry Rosen and I disagree about a great deal regarding Free Software
licensing, and from time to time, I've even found myself on the opposite
side of the table as Larry in GPL enforcement matters.  To say that I
Larry and I are political rivals is thus probably an understatement. :)

However, there is no reason here on this list for anything but
respectful discussion.  I haven't seen much of it on this thread the
last few days.  In some backchannel discussions with others, I get the
impression that John and I aren't alone in that view.
--
   -- bkuhn