[License-discuss] Open Source Eventually License Development

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Mon Aug 19 15:35:55 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013, at 02:25 PM, Eben Moglen wrote:
> You seem determined to take offense, Mr Cowan.

Dr. Moglen,

I'd like to highlight Cowan's advice since I've found it very helpful
(and completely un-obvious) in my own life:

  "Civil apologies require confession, contrition, and
   promise of amendment."

Just a few years past, my younger brother called me out with a
similar message and I very much lost it.    However, after a few
*years* (20?) reflection I came to understand I was very wrong,
and that my distraction, distortion, and false apology were morally
corrupt baggage.   John isn't trying to hurt you, he's trying to help
you grow as a person ... if he didn't care about the community
and Free Software he would remain silent.

Kindly,

Clark