[License-discuss] Endorsement clause?

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Aug 15 07:02:49 UTC 2013

On 15/08/13 03:44, ldr ldr wrote:

> 3. Once every quarter (4 months) of active use [defined as >10 users],
> an email endorsement to <address> must be sent stating total number of
> users; and preferably company the installation is associated with.

It's a field of endeavour restriction.  It restricts the use by anyone
who does not have internet email capability, or for privacy reasons is
not prepared to send such email.  It also means the licence dies when
the email address dies.

I'd also say that it tantamount to an additional licensing fee, as there
is a time cost, and endorsements are certainly a thing of value in terms
of being consideration for the licence.