[License-discuss] OSI and SPDX license list (OSI site issues)

Jilayne Lovejoy jilayne.lovejoy at openlogic.com
Thu Apr 11 05:08:16 UTC 2013

Martin had said: If any URLs are still wrong on opensource.org, let me
know and I can
fix them.

Jilayne: I just did another pass and the only other niggly things I found
were the following:

On the EFL-1.0 page - http://opensource.org/licenses/EFL-1.0 - the link to
EFL-2.0 is still the old url - that is,
http://opensource.org/licenses/ver2_eiffel - where it should really be:
http://opensource.org/licenses/EFL-2.0 (where EFL-2.0 is listed otherwise,
the link/url is correct)

Same exact issue for LPL-1.0/LPL-1.02: this page -
http://opensource.org/licenses/LPL-1.0 - has link to LPL-1.02 which goes
here: http://opensource.org/licenses/lucent1.02 - instead of here:
http://opensource.org/licenses/LPL-1.02

Martin:

>The following licenses appear on the SPDX list as "OSI approved" but
>are currently not on opensource.org:
>
>AFL-1.1
>AFL-1.2
>AFL-2.0
>AFL-2.1
>APSL-1.2
>OSL-2.0
>
>According to comments by John Cowan and Larry Rosen in April last year
>they had all been approved.

Jilayne: This is correct. There was a mirror link that worked for the AFL
licenses (which is included on the SPDX License List) but those links
don't work any longer.  I have noted these on the "issues" column - would
be great to get these updated on the OSI site and then we can update the
urls on the SPDX License List too.

Martin:

>There are also some issues on the SPDX side, which I pointed out on
>the SPDX list yesterday:
>http://lists.spdx.org/pipermail/spdx-legal/2013-February/000754.html
>http://lists.spdx.org/pipermail/spdx-legal/2013-February/000755.html

Jilayne:  This is concerning:

- MITRE Collaborative Virtual Workspace License (CVW)
And
- Reciprocal Public License v1.1 (RPL-1.1)

Both of these licenses have been added to the SPDX License List (for
v1.18, to be released in the next day or two), but the links on the OSI
site are still the "old" urls - short identifiers in parenthesis above.

Martin - if you can fix these links quickly, let me know and I'll add the
update to v1.18 - if not, no worries, I'll catch it next version.

Thanks,
Jilayne