[License-discuss] plain text license versions?

Karl Fogel kfogel at red-bean.com
Tue Sep 11 01:43:18 UTC 2012

Bruce Perens <bruce at perens.com> writes:
>I question why you didn't call a halt when the discussion was
>obviously becoming a testosterone contest past the point of any useful
>content. OK, you'll never have the time to moderate. That's fine. What
>isn't fine is that you don't find someone else to do it.

Well, I've ever been able to moderate on a regular basis, and have done
it even less since switching from Licensing Committee to Infrastructure
Committee (within OSI, that is -- obviously, I'm still on this list and
participating).

Moderation is hard work, and no one's paying for it right now, so we'll
have to rely on the group's collective good sense.  In this case I
shouldn't have stuck my hand in after the fact anyway -- it was an
unnecessary provocation, and I probably caused more trouble than I
saved!  Sorry for the extra noise.

-K