[License-discuss] plain text license versions?

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Thu Sep 6 23:45:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen at rosenlaw.com> wrote:
> That's unfortunate, because I advise it all the time for all licenses. Anything more is a waste of time. And my clients have never been sued for posting a link instead of a license. Maybe we are lucky???

The problem is not that you'll be sued for a technical violation. The
problem is that when you are sued (or threatened with suit) for some
more substantive violation, all your technical violations will be used
to insinuate bad faith. Perhaps your clients have such spotless
reputations and/or are so perfect in their substantive compliance that
they aren't concerned about that, though :)

Luis