[License-discuss] plain text license versions?

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Thu Sep 6 21:45:00 UTC 2012

Rick Moen scripsit:

> Years ago, I reminded readers on this mailing list that possibly useful
> reciprocal licences for non-software use by people disliking GFDL
> include GPLv2, and that FSF even published a piece explaining the
> advantages before they fell in love with GFDL:

The difficulty is that text often winds up in printed books, and then
you either have to distribute a CD with the book containing the editable
source, or be prepared to issue such CDs for no more than the cost of
distributing them.   Both are expensive and awkward activities, and
neither is well-supported by the printed-book sales channels that exist.

--
What is the sound of Perl?  Is it not the       John Cowan
sound of a [Ww]all that people have stopped     cowan at ccil.org
banging their head against?  --Larry            http://www.ccil.org/~cowan