[License-discuss] Creating GPL code

Ben Tilly btilly at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:07:16 UTC 2012

As copyright holder you can license your stuff however you want and
give yourself whatever permissions you want.

But if you want it to be useful to others, you have to make sure that
they receive everything that they need to take the GPLed project and
run with it.  So, for instance, if you've just cut and pasted code
here and there, they don't need to know where it came from.  But if
you include some other library of yours unchanged, that library should
be distributable by them under the GPL.