[License-discuss] Boilerplate license text for permissive licenses?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Nov 27 17:11:10 UTC 2012

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, Matthew Flaschen wrote:

> But I don't see how you can remove the placeholder from BSD 3-Clause
> while still having it be the same license.  The original says, "Neither
> the name of the University nor the names of its contributors"  You have
> to put something in place of University.

It commonly has "name of the author"

I also had the fun scripting to parse out the different licenses (and
convert to a LaTeX format for 68 printed pages) for a product I sell. It
has over 100 different BSD and MIT licenses and 26 advertising clauses
"This product includes software developed ..."

I just realized that I listed different cases (like "author" versus
"Author") as different licenses too, but I think that is only a few.