[License-discuss] The alphabetical list

Henrik Ingo henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
Mon Nov 12 21:19:17 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:10 PM, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:
> Heard loud and clear re usefulness of the alphabetical list; it will
> not go away.
>
> I'm surprised by that, so (in a different thread) I'd welcome more
> detail on what people use it for.

User story:

Henrik needs to look up (or link to) the Acme Corporation Public
License. He goes to opensource.org, and clicks on "Open Source
Licenses". Since he knows the name of the license he wants to look up,
he clicks on "Licenses by Name". He then presses Ctrl+F to search for
the wanted license within the alphabetical list.

This is pretty much the only way I personally ever look up a license.

henrik

henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
+358-40-8211286 skype: henrik.ingo irc: hingo
www.openlife.cc

My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9522559