[License-discuss] What would be necessary to consider the unlicense?

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Mon Feb 27 00:58:48 UTC 2012

On 02/26/2012 04:05 PM, Clark C. Evans wrote:
> If it is a broken license, perhaps those with legal expertise might
> provide suggestions to fix it?
I am having trouble finding a benefit that would come from fixing it,
that we don't already have from short-and-sweet licenses like BSD.
What you would to be "as good as" BSD would be a public domain
declaration coupled with a covenant not-to-sue that extends to the
patent claims of the dedicator that are necessary to utilize the work as
it was dedicated. And a warranty disclaimer to protect the donor.

It ends up not being shorter nor simpler.

     Thanks

     Bruce