[License-discuss] TCPDF license: LGPLv3 + a special clause: is this still considered "Open Source"?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Feb 1 23:36:48 UTC 2012

Quoting Chris Travers (chris at metatrontech.com):

> Does the GPL v3 give you the permission to drop legitimate copyright
> notices from software or accompanying documentation?

Mu.  Retaining copyright notices upon redistribution is required by
common law and various statutes and treaties.

A specific licensor might affirmatively waive that obligation -- or even
require its removal, as I do in the licence on my personal 'rants' Web pages,
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/  (the 'Alternatively' clause, which
implements an authorship-credit-not-allowed concept Don Marti invented
and calls 'bastard reverse copyleft').

--
Cheers,                                "Never bury the lede.  Cremation is the
Rick Moen                              only way to make sure it's really dead."