[License-discuss] Making the PHP FAQ generic

Karl Fogel kfogel at red-bean.com
Fri Dec 7 22:25:09 UTC 2012

Ben Reser <ben at reser.org> writes:
>I've tried to achieve that.  We may need to noodle on it a bit more to
>get something we all agree on.

I've applied the patch, with only minor tweaks, though we're free to
noodle more if we want.

Note that where you link to language-specific licenses, I adjusted one
link to point to our canonical SPDX-name URL for that licenses instead
of our older, non-canonical URL.

I also used an outer div wrapper element, instead of an anchor, and
added a comment about the URL compatibility shim.  (Outer div, not
inner, because that way when you hover over the text to see the ID, you
get the canonical one -- the inner one.)

Thanks, Ben!

  http://opensource.org/faq#language-vs-license

-K