[License-discuss] Excavating the past [Was: Re: SPDX License List v1.14 & OSI questions]

Michael Bernstein michael at fandomhome.com
Mon Apr 30 23:20:21 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:19 PM, John Cowan <cowan at mercury.ccil.org> wrote:
> Karl Fogel scripsit:
>
>> I can find no record of approval of the Academic Free License prior to
>> 3.0.  As of 2006-10-31, we were linking to "/licenses/afl-3.0.php",
>> and now of course we link to http://opensource.org/licenses/AFL-3.0.
>
> http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://opensource.org/licenses/* is
> your friend

On a related note, I recently came across Warrick, a tool for
reconstructing past versions of a website, that might come in handy to
the folks on this list for various purposes:
http://code.google.com/p/warrick/wiki/About_Warrick

For example, I am currently using Warrick to reconstruct a past copy
of a large site that recently decided to stop distributing its content
under a CC license.

--
Michael R. Bernstein
michaelbernstein.com