[License-discuss] Draft of new OSI licenses landing page; please review.

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Apr 9 05:47:09 UTC 2012

Karl Fogel scripsit:

> Thank you very much, everyone, for the incredibly helpful feedback.
> When this discussion list shines, it shines brightly indeed!

Note that X.net is in the main list, but is deprecated.

I'd like to reiterate my proposal that the licensor-specific licenses
be pushed into a separate list either down the page or off-page.
Nobody else will be able to use them for their projects anyhow.  Here is
what I believe to be a conservative list of such licenses: PHP, Python,
Apple Public Source, Sleepycat, Zope, W3C, Computer Associates, EU
DataGrid, Entessa, Frameworx, LaTeX, Multics, Naumen, Nethack, Nokia,
OCLC, CNRI, RealNetworks, Ricoh, Sybase, Vovida.  Some of the licenses
in the current non-reusable category seem to me to be in fact reusable
(though not particularly desirable), so I have not mentioned them here.

--
Even a refrigerator can conform to the XML      John Cowan
Infoset, as long as it has a door sticker       cowan at ccil.org
saying "No information items inside".           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
        --Eve Maler