[License-discuss] BSD, MIT [was Re: Draft of new OSI licenses landing page; please review.]

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Thu Apr 5 15:54:14 UTC 2012

Tom Callaway scripsit:

> Perhaps we should simply alphabetize these licenses? I'm not sure we'll
> ever reach consensus on ordering by "importance" or "value" or "usefulness".

Consensus is not expected (see Karl's original post).  All that matters,
finally, is an argument good enough to convince 7 out of 12 OSI board
members; in practice, probably fewer.

--
John Cowan  cowan at ccil.org   http://ccil.org/~cowan
Consider the matter of Analytic Philosophy.  Dennett and Bennett are well-known.