[License-discuss] Draft of new OSI licenses landing page; please review.

Raj Mathur ( राज =?utf-8?b?IOCkruCkvuCkpeClgeCksA==?=) raju at linux-delhi.org
Thu Apr 5 04:22:41 UTC 2012

On Thursday 05 Apr 2012, Karl Fogel wrote:
> [snip]
> I think it's possible to steer newcomers toward a small set of
> widely-used licenses without denigrating or hiding all the other
> licenses, and to present all our licenses in a way that's more
> helpful to newcomers while still being useful for experienced people
> who just need a reference.

It's also important to note that the interactions of the short-listed
licences with other Free/Open licences are fairly well-known by now.
It's much easier today to answer the question "Can I mix GPL3 and
Apache2 code?" than to answer, e.g. "Can I mix CPL and Multics code?".

Ability to answer questions like this itself ought to be a strong motive
for the short-list.

Regards,

-- Raj
--