[License-discuss] Draft of new OSI licenses landing page; please review.

Karl Fogel kfogel at red-bean.com
Wed Apr 4 22:01:12 UTC 2012

Johnny Solbu <johnny at solbu.net> writes:
>Maybe there should be some kind if indication of FSF aproved licenses?
>
>I can think of two ways to do that: Listing them in a separate group,
>or some sort of icon or text next to the licenses.

I don't think we should list FSF approval, but we should consider it
when grouping licenses.  I don't think the OSI should ever be
recommending people use licenses that are not also FSF-approved -- that
would be counter to our mission and would just cause everyone problems.

The intersection of the two approved sets is already very close to their
union, so it's not like we have to strain to find FSF-approved licenses.

-K