Can OSI specify that public domain is open source?

Thomas Schneider Thomas.Schneider at thsitc.com
Wed Sep 7 19:50:29 UTC 2011

Hello Karl, (*and* all)

As you might know from my query on this list, some month ago,
with the Title "Wich DUAL Licence should I choose" (I think),

I am very interested in those licence discussions for my own work.

As I'm from Vienna, Austria, Europe, it look's that we do have totally
different COPYRIGHT Rules there in the US and here in Europe...

But as I'm a Developer, *NOT a lawyer*, I do have no actual solution (at
least for me)....

I'm the owner of www.thsitc.com, and planning to release my Program
Porting Machine (project pp on www.kenai.com) very soon...

But still fiddling aroun with Licence issues.

As requested by Karl Fogel, I'm posting my reply to this list.

I only DO HOPE I've not broken any Nettquette rules by saying what I've
done!

Sincerely,
Thomas Schneider.

--