[License-discuss] Looking for a license agreement.

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Oct 6 17:39:57 UTC 2011

Rudy Lippan wrote:

> So what I would like to do is tie the license of the software to the user
> of the software respecting the licenses of the community-distributed components
> they use, whether or not the individual component is eligible for copyright
> protection.

You can't have a licence unless some rights are restricted without it.
If there really is no intellectual property in the components you
mention, they don't need, and can't have a licence.

Also note that, in the UK, some of your examples would be protected by
copyright law (database copyrights).

--
David Woolley