[License-discuss] TCPDF license: LGPLv3 + a special clause: is this still considered "Open Source"?

Marc Laporte marc at marclaporte.com
Wed Nov 23 23:37:48 UTC 2011

Hi Karl and all!

I hope you are well and I am looking for advice, again :-)

We are discussing which PDF library to include in Tiki Wiki CMS
Groupware (http://tiki.org)

TCPDF is an option but there is a special clause

It is LGPL v3 +  "Additionally,  YOU CAN'T REMOVE ANY TCPDF COPYRIGHT
NOTICE OR LINK FROM THE GENERATED PDF DOCUMENTS."
http://www.tcpdf.org/license.php

What do you think?

Thanks!

M ;-)