[License-discuss] GPL and proprietary WebAPIs

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Dec 22 22:07:09 UTC 2011

Quoting Lawrence Rosen (lrosen at rosenlaw.com):

> Might be, but it is not unanimous. Indeed, I'm glad to advise companies how
> to circumvent the *purported* and *frequently misunderstood* requirements of
> the GPL.

Two-hour minimum at professional rates, I hope.

I'm certainly not calling anything whatsoever 'evil'.  I just have no
unpaid time available to assist some categories of querents.

Indeed, what some label 'evil', I might see as a valuable and billable
consulting opportunity (being careful of UPL statutes).

--
Cheers,                            "I'd say it's latke-esque.  Sort of like
Rick Moen                           Kafka-esque, only less depressing."