[License-discuss] a Free Island Public License?

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Fri Dec 16 22:03:34 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 11:03:07AM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2011, Chad Perrin wrote:
> >
> > TL;DR Summary:
> >
> >     My take would be that this satisfies the conditions of the Open
> >     Source Definition, though I may have overlooked something in my first
> >     reading.
>
> I think it conflicts with criterion #9.

I think that's true only to the extent that other copyleft licenses do,
as well.  If you have some differing insight, please share.  I'd like to
know what I missed.

> >  It appears to also satisfy the conditions of the FSF/GNU
> >     Four Freedoms
>
> I think it conflicts with the first freedom.

I think that, too, is true only to the extent that other copyleft
licenses do.  Again, I'd like to know what prompts you to think
otherwise.

> > and the Debian Free Software Guidelines,
>
> I think it conflicts with description of the first point.

See my above two responses to your disagreement with my estimation of the
license's compliance with various standards.  I'm curious about your
points of disagreement.