Perl Tk license

Derrick Coetzee dcoetzee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 19:14:06 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 4:55 AM, Dale <netxe456 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to write an application that uses the Perl Tk module and license my
> code under GPL
> It is the license of Perl Tk that buffles me :
> [...]
> What does that actually mean? where should I put those terms?
> inside my application's source code distribution should I also include Tk
> module's source code ?

If you are only writing an application using the Perl Tk module, you
have three choices:

1. Distribute your application separately from the Perl Tk module and
require users to install the Perl Tk module (typical);
2. Distribute your application together with unmodified source of Perl
Tk module;
3. Distribute your application with binaries of Perl Tk module, and
put a copy of the Perl Tk license statement in your licenses file.

If you're modifying the source of the Perl Tk module, you should
include the source with the original license statement(s) and you can
also add a license statement for your modifications in the files you
modified. This is all pretty typical for use of an open source
library/module in an application.

--
Derrick Coetzee