Towards an OSI-approved "waive all rights" software license

Richard Fontana rfontana at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 16:22:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 09:09:26AM -0700, Wilson, Andrew wrote:
> We at Intel release a lot of sample code.  For really short code snippets, translations,
> or other non-copyrightable material we use CC0.

At Red Hat we have started using CC0 similarly. I have also found it
useful in situations where we wish to resolve any doubt about whether
we have some meaningful copyright interest in some code (typically
some very small, ancient piece of code that has turned up somewhere).

 - Richard

--
Richard E. Fontana
Open Source Licensing and Patent Counsel