GPL Issue

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Wed Sep 29 14:09:22 UTC 2010

Ian Jackson scripsit:

> Arnoud Engelfriet writes ("Re: GPL Issue"):
> > (yes, the GPL is a contract under European law). [...]
>
> Can you provide a reference for that ?  I don't think it is the case
> in England and Wales.

He means "under civil law"; we've been through this before.  Civil law
has completely formless contract formation: as long as there is a meeting
of the minds, that suffices.  (Consideration is not usually called a
matter of form, but it behaves like one.)

--
We do, doodley do, doodley do, doodley do,        John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org>
What we must, muddily must, muddily must, muddily must;