Machine-readable licenses?

Ben Tilly btilly at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 19:07:19 UTC 2010

The best way to do that would be to have people categorize the known
open source licenses.  And then have a tool that looks at the license,
figures out which one it is, and tells you the answer.

Given how often there are debates about whether a given license meets
the OSD, I wouldn't trust a solution that was more automated than that
for a long, long time.