MPL 2 Alpha 2 released- OSI compatibility feedback wanted

Luis Villa lvilla at mozilla.com
Tue Sep 7 14:00:04 UTC 2010

Hello fellow license-discuss members!

I'm pleased to announce that a few minutes ago we posted the second
Alpha draft of the next version of the MPL, and we would like this
list's commentary and feedback, particularly on the issue of OSI
compatibility. We have no reason to believe that the new license should
be OSI-incompatible, but we have changed a lot of text, and so we'd
appreciate any feedback we get along those lines. Feedback on other
issues is of course also welcome.

We're particularly happy to note here that we believe that this draft
should be Apache-compatible, allowing mingling of Apache code in
MPL-licensed projects.

The text is available here:

http://mpl.mozilla.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/MPL-alpha-two.pdf

An annotated version, including commentary and links to previous
discussions of most of the included changes, is available here:

http://mpl.mozilla.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/MPL-2-Alpha-Two-Discussion-And-Annotated-Markup.pdf

We welcome general questions and feedback through this mailing list or
through private email, and specific textual comments through our co-ment
commenting tool at mpl.co-ment.com.

Thanks-
Luis

--