Licensing question

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil at yahoo.co.in
Sun Mar 7 09:16:21 UTC 2010

Mark James said on Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 07:17:31PM +1100,:

 > Yes, no matter how companies try to dodge, due to statutory requirements,
 > commercial software purchasers usually have a greater guarantee of quality
 > than FOSS software users.
 >
 > But this is not often tested in court. The bottom line is that that one
 > will usually work harder for one's customers than one's (free) users.

Yes, no matter what we spam the mailing lists with, commercial
software purchasers will not get protection of statutory provisions
unless they go to court.

But this is of course, not tested by statistics. The bottom line is
that because I do not have time to handle bugs and complaints and
carps from my unpaid users, I will tend to provider my users with
better software.

If they want service, they will of course, have to pay may, and then,
I am bound by what I undertook to provide.

PS:- Any body know if `signify` has AI built in??

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||  http://[paivakil|fizzard].blogspot.com
Buy Free Software -- It gives you freedom!