protecting an Innovation from unlicensed abuse by a rival commercial 3rd party

Chuck Swiger chuck at codefab.com
Thu Jun 10 16:22:29 UTC 2010

Hi--

On Jun 10, 2010, at 6:33 AM, Harri Saarikoski wrote:
[ ... ]

You appear to be seeking legal advice; this means you should discuss the matter with your lawyer.

The part I feel free to respond to, involving what OSI-certified licenses mean:

> Matter is complex and our view may be biased so anything close to legal and/or practical and/or personal experience will be well appreciated ! E.g. would there be an OSI-certified LA that would fit this purpose: divide regular users from commercial rivals ?

...is that, by explicit design and intention, OSI-certified licenses do not permit one to distinguish between "regular users", people using in business, or even your "commercial rivals", either.  See OSD #6, 6. No Discrimination Against Fields of Endeavor.

Regards,
--
-Chuck