what defines source code in (A)GPL ?

Harri Saarikoski harriers at windowslive.com
Wed Jul 7 08:41:25 UTC 2010

Hi.

Wanted to complete my earlier thread "protecting an Innovation from unlicensed abuse by a rival commercial 3rd party‏". Thanks to all who replied in this complex matter back then, helped me a
lot. Our plan of action is most likely going to be to patent the Innovation, and then be able to release products containing it as open source (under tri-licensing option where non-commercial users are separated from regular commercial clients and especially from commercial rivals, with prevention to use in act for the latter group only).

I have one more question: As mentioned in that thread, our innovation can be implemented using the AGPL covered software without modifying the source code, i.e. using the methods in their standard distribution in a certain way known only to me. Can someone confirm to us what that license says about copylefting methods that only "use the GPL software" in a 'smart' way ? (as opposed to what we know that it explicitly specifies that any modification of source code to be copylefted). Are we liable to document this method of using in the Software+ distribution ?

best, Harri