updating the GPL's status in http://www.opensource.org/licenses/category ?

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Wed Jan 20 02:15:49 UTC 2010

While working on my last email, I noticed that
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/category lists GPL/LGPL 3 as
'uncategorized', and superseded licenses does not include GPL/LGPL v2.
Given that Black Duck says that GPL3 is now the fifth most popular
license[1], surpassing several of the licenses in the 'popular or
widely used' category, and that its maintainer considers it
superseded, it seems like it is probably time to go ahead and move v3
to 'popular/widely used' and v2 to 'superseded' (especially if someone
is editing the list to deal with my other email.)

Luis

[1] http://www.blackducksoftware.com/oss/licenses#top20