Embargoing certain countries, but still being open source

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Sep 23 06:59:25 UTC 2009

Anton Lauridsen scripsit:

> I have a couple of Open Source projects, licensed under BSD, but for
> which I have the complete copyright. I am contemplating to change the
> license into something, which prevents US citizens and/or interests,
> directly or indirectly from using my software.

> Does such a license already exist?

I doubt it.

> if not, would it still be considered open source?

It would not.  It directly contravenes OSD #5:

	5. No Discrimination Against Persons or Groups
	The license must not discriminate against any person or group
	of persons.

> If such a license does not exist, how do I go about creating one?

The question is highly off-topic, and I doubt anyone on the list
has any interest in helping you do so.

--
All Norstrilians knew what laughter was:        John Cowan
it was "pleasurable corrigible malfunction".    cowan at ccil.org
        --Cordwainer Smith, Norstrilia