which license to use for software using components with GPL, LGPL and EPL?

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Tue Sep 1 13:19:02 UTC 2009

John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org> writes:
> Not so.  Commercial or non-commercial (that is, for profit or not for
> profit) has nothing to do with the GPL or any open source license.

This reminds me of a commercial NetFlow implementation that was
distributed to paying customers in the form of GPLed source code, with a
note from the authors asking them nicely to not redistribute it.  I
guess they never heard the widely known and equally widely misunderstood
maxim "information wants to be free".

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no