GPL with the Classpath exception - clarification needed

Alon von Bismark al.von.bi at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 27 21:15:58 UTC 2009

2009/3/27 John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org>:
> Alon von Bismark scripsit:
>
>> Minority?
>>
>> When calculating the probability of someone being in a minority are
>> you using Bayesian probability theory or is it just an epistemic
>> community mindset sort of thing?
>
> "Openly espoused by a minority", is what I said.  That is, the people
> who _say_ they believe it are few, emphasis on "say".  Many others may
> believe it but say nothing.

Okay.

You also said:

"To be sure, the resulting executable as a whole is a derivative work"

Please explain to the silent majority the reasoning for your claim.
Please note in advance that a derivative work, under 17 U.S.C 103,
encompassed only "editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or
other modifications, which, as a whole, represent an original work of
authorship" meaning that the preexisting material remains unaffected
by the copyright in a derivative work.

-alvbi

--
http://www.albert-einstein.org/archives13.html