April minutes

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Tue Jun 2 19:47:16 UTC 2009

Bruce Perens writes:
 > Russ,
 >
 > In the April minutes, you rendered my objection to the SIL license to
 > the OSI board as being "that it would not be successful". This seems to
 > me to be an incorrect report. My objection is that there is an
 > unintentional legal loophole that allows conversion of any work under
 > the license to any license whatsoever, and that the OSI imprimatur
 > should not be applied to a license with so obvious, harmful, and
 > easily-ridiculed a flaw. This flaw is explicitly not present in the IPA
 > license.

Apologies if you think my executive-level summary was too succinct.
Of course, board members who want to get all the details of the
discussion are always welcome to follow the link to the discussion
thread, which I always provide.

Cloudmade supports http://openstreetmap.org/
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-323-1241
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog