Freeing my code... need some guidance
jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 17:56:42 UTC 2009
On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 17:23, Ben Tilly wrote:
> Depending on details (eg how closely the code relates to what his employer does) and his jurisdiction, this fact *might* give him copyright over code developed on his own, even when a programmer in the same position would not have copyright.
The other factor to consider is whether or not the company can monetize it.
It literally comes down to:
* What the specific clause states;
* The jurisdiction that the company is incorporated in;
* The jurisdiction that the employee works in;
* The jurisdiction that the employees work site is located in;
* Will the company make money claiming intellectual property rights,
or relinquishing them to the employee;
More information about the License-discuss