Apache License v2.0

Chuck Swiger chuck at codefab.com
Sat Sep 27 01:25:22 UTC 2008

Hi, all--

On Sep 26, 2008, at 6:06 PM, Michael Tiemann wrote:
> I see your problem: you don't understand how Red Hat makes its
> source code available.  The place you should be looking for real-
> live source code is
>
> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/os/SPRMS/
>
> There you will find the source rpm for the bash 3.1-16 code,
> complete with configure script and Makefile.in  By making *that*
> source available, Red Hat discharges its responsibility for
> providing the source code to any bash-3.1-16 binary.

OK-- thanks for the explanation, Michael.  After taking a look, I
think I'd agree with your analysis that they are making the full
source code and build stuff available in these SRPMs.

It's still fairly difficult to find references to the sources from
RedHat's website, but the FTP site is sufficient.

Regards,
--
-Chuck