The Rails Wheels licencing system and Open Source

Mark James mrj at advancedcontrols.com.au
Thu Sep 4 20:33:20 UTC 2008

Matthew Flaschen wrote:

> Perhaps some sort of bounty system might work. I.E. I'll develop this
> product as soon as I receive $X (from however many people).  Then, when
> I finish the product I will release it under a FOSS license.

BountySource tried this, but has not been that successful:
   http://dev.bountysource.com

I guess it's because most plug-in type software is created
to scratch the developer's own itch, while those looking
for a solution want it NOW.

> P.S.  I think you invented the phrase "Pollockian ownership". :)

These days there aren't many two-word phrases that get no Google hits!