The Rails Wheels licencing system and Open Source

Michael Tiemann tiemann at opensource.org
Wed Sep 3 10:19:57 UTC 2008

Source are fully and freely available, and include such rights as are needed
to create completely free binaries (CentOS) or competing supported binaries
(Oracle).  The initial subscription must be purchased only if you want
certified binaries from Red Hat, and those binaries are distributed with
source, but they are not provided in lieu of source.