Individual authors recognition

Paulina Msibi paulinams at statssa.gov.za
Sun Jun 15 09:44:07 UTC 2008

What is open community and open standards

Regards

On 6/5/08, Xavier Grehant <xavier.grehant at gmail.com> wrote:
> > May be what you're looking for is the Artistic License.
>  >

> Indeed, this is the one I chose in the end. I especially like the
>  exclusion of works "that merely extend or make use of the Package"
>  like "scripts" or "interfaces". These are easy ways to hide the origin
>  of a work, and I'm glad to find a license that takes care of it.
>
>  Thank you Philippe for your in-depth answer.

Please note that the original Artistic license was not written by a
lawyer and has a number of issues.  The Artistic License 2.0 is a much
better choice to use.

Ben

Statistics South Africa: Disclaimer and Confidentiality Note
This email, its attachments and any rights attaching hereto are, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the property of Statistics South Africa. It is confidential, private and intended for the addressee only. Should you not be the addressee and receive this email by mistake, kindly notify the sender, and delete this email immediately and do not disclose or use same in any manner whatsoever. Views and opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender unless clearly stated as those of Statistics South Africa. Statistics South Africa accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damages whatsoever and howsoever incurred, or suffered, resulting, or arising, from the use of this email or its attachments. Statistics South Africa does not warrant the integrity of this email nor that it is free of errors, viruses, interception or interference.

Statistics South Africa:
Telephone number: (27) 12 310 8911
info at statssa.gov.za
WebSite :- www.statssa.gov.za