using Visual Basic in open source projects

Pimm Hogeling pimmhogeling at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 21:09:21 UTC 2008

Hello Pablo,

GNU.org has the following question in it's faq: "Can I write free
software that uses non-free libraries?", and the answer starts with
"If you do this, your program won't be fully usable in a free
environment. If your program depends on a non-free library to do a
certain job, it cannot do that job in the Free World. If it depends on
a non-free library to run at all, it cannot be part of a free
operating system such as GNU; it is entirely off limits to the Free
World." The rest of the answer can be found here:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#FSWithNFLibs.

Also, when looking for the "most open" license you should check out
the X11/MIT license.

Hope this helps.

Pimm Hogeling